Today I setup two brand new Exchange 2016 Servers running CU6. Created IP-Less DAG and multiple databases. I noticed that the databases Content Index State was Failed. I tried the usual

Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus * | where {$_.ContentIndexState -eq “Failed”}

Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus * | where {$_.ContentIndexState -eq “Failedandsuspended”}

Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus * | where {$_.ContentIndexState -eq “Failed”} | Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy -CatalogOnly

Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus * | where {$_.ContentIndexState -eq “Failedandsuspended”} | Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy -CatalogOnly

NONE of those worked.

RESOLUTION:

I changed the databases activation preferences from 1 to 2 on each of the hosting servers. Shortly after the databases began to crawl and then showed healthy.

Advertisements