Archives for category: Uncategorized

Change the Heap Memory

 

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2150757

 

Advertisements

To check if you vCenter Server Appliance root password is expired.

1. SSH into the vCenter Server Appliance. (If the password isn’t working right away reboot)

2. Type “Shell”

3. Type “chage -l root”

 

To change the password

1. Type “passwd root”

2. Once the new password is entered check to see when it expires by typing “chage -l root”

 

To change the expiration policy

1. Log into the vCenter Server Appliance MOB at :5480 and click on the administration tab

 

https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/patch

 

Ran into an issue migrating from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2016 on premise. Two mailboxes got to 95% and stopped TransientFailureSource. Looking at the logs I found the error “Transient error MapiExceptionNotFound has occurred. The system will retry”.

RESOLUTION

I found that the Content Index Databases on the Destination Exchange 2016 DAG were failed and suspended. I got them healthy again and was able to repair the mailboxes on the Exchange 2010 MBX server by running this command in EMS

New-MailboxRepairRequest -Mailbox userID -CorruptionType SearchFolder, AggregateCounts, ProvisionedFolder, FolderView

To verify the repair had finished I created a new view on the Exchange 2010 Event Viewer with the following settings. Event ID 10048 confirmed it was complete

Event-Viewer-Exchange-Health

I then restarted the mailbox migration and everything completed successfully.

 

Today I setup two brand new Exchange 2016 Servers running CU6. Created IP-Less DAG and multiple databases. I noticed that the databases Content Index State was Failed. I tried the usual

Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus * | where {$_.ContentIndexState -eq “Failed”}

Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus * | where {$_.ContentIndexState -eq “Failedandsuspended”}

Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus * | where {$_.ContentIndexState -eq “Failed”} | Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy -CatalogOnly

Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus * | where {$_.ContentIndexState -eq “Failedandsuspended”} | Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy -CatalogOnly

NONE of those worked.

RESOLUTION:

I changed the databases activation preferences from 1 to 2 on each of the hosting servers. Shortly after the databases began to crawl and then showed healthy.

Configuring Remote Desktop Passthrough Authentication

  1. Create a new GPO named RDP-Passthrough
  2. Edit the policy and navigate to “Computer Configuration->Policies->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Remote Desktop Services->Remote Desktop Session Host->Security
  3. Set the “Require Use of specific security layer for remote connections” to enabled and choose “Negotiate” as the security layer
  4. In that same policy navigate to¬†“Computer Configuration->Policies->Administrative Templates->System->Credentials Delegation
  5. Enable the setting “Allow delegating default credentials” and add your servers to the list. Examples below
    1. TERMSRV/192.168.1.100
    2. TERMSRV/*.domain.com
    3. TERMSRV/*
  6. Next select “Allow delegating default credentials with NTLM-only server authentication and list the same items you listed in Step 5
    1. TERMSRV/192.168.1.100
    2. TERMSRV/*.domain.com
    3. TERMSRV/*
  7. Save the policy and link it to any OU that has the servers in which you want Passthrough authentication configured.

Used this script to take ownership of profile folders and restore users access so it doesn’t break the roaming profile

takeown /F E:\Share\Profiles\USER /R /D Y
icacls “E:\Share\Profiles\USER” /reset /T
icacls “E:\Share\Profiles\USER” /grant:r “DOMAINNAME\Domain Admins”:(OI)(CI)F
icacls “E:\Share\Profiles\USER” /grant:r “System”:(OI)(CI)F
icacls “E:\Share\Profiles\USER” /grant:r “DomainName\User”:(OI)(CI)F
icacls “E:\Share\Profiles\USER” /setowner “DomainName\User” /T